ATV simply stands for all-terrain vehicles. These are vehicles that travel on tires that are of low pressure and have a seat and handlebars. The seat is usually straddled by the operator while the handle bars are used for steering purposes. All-terrain vehicles are commonly called quads and some have four wheels while others only have three. These vehicles are used for various purposes like in agriculture and sports.
All-terrain vehicles use ATV tires. These are usually chunky, big and of a wide-profile and are made to perform in off-road conditions. These function very well where others cannot.
Types of ATV tires
- Specific conditions
The advantage of rubber designed for specific conditions over those that are of general purpose is that they will perform better in that condition. If you intend to buy an ATV for use on sandy terrain, you are better off when you use a compound and tread that is specifically designed for sandy terrain. If you have an ATV, you will be probably looking for cheap ATV tires. Before you do that, you need to know about the different types first.
- ATV mud tires: these usually have irregular treads that are wide-spaced. This ensures that the tires offer maximum grip in muddy terrain.
- ATV sand tires: these are usually paddle tires. They have a strange appearance as they are balloon-like and smooth. They have just a few treads that are raised and they run across the face of the tire horizontally.
- ATV snow tires: they are smooth. Like sand tires, they have horizontal treads but their pattern is in snow-chains. This kind of pattern allows them to have a grip even when you reverse. They can also be used on ice.
- ATV trail tires: these are made in a way that they can cope with mud and rock too. These are sometimes considered general-purpose as trails may differ.
Pro and Cons of Cheap ATV Tires
- Cheap can be expensive as you might buy low quality and in turn have to replace severally.
- Cheap ATV tires are good on your pocket as they help you stick to the budget.
You can find cheap ATV tires in large retail shops and also specialty shops. They can also be found in off-line stores and online stores.